Berry Booster Pitaya Bowl
Pitaya is an exotic super-fruit, commonly known as dragon fruit. It’s sweet, juicy flavor (think watermelon meets pear) and nutrient-rich composure (vitamin c, magnesium, iron) make it the perfect smoothie base. Top with fresh fruit and granola for a deliciously healthy breakfast and boost of energy to start your day!
- 1 cup Coconut Water
- 1 cup Blueberries, frozen
- 1 cup Strawberries, frozen
- 4 Ice Cubes
- 2 tbsp Pitaya Powder
- ½ tbsp Honey
- 1 cup Fresh Fruit, chopped
- ½ cup French Vanilla Granola
- 2 tbsp Shredded Coconut, unsweetened
Get your earplugs ready.Combine coconut water, heaping cups of frozen blueberries and strawberries, ice cubes, pitaya powder, and honey in blender. On your mark— Get Set— Blend!Turn your blender on low for 30 sec. Stop pulsing. Stir ingredients. Turn blender on low-med for another 30-60 sec. until texture is smooth. Decorate like there's no tomorrow.Pour mixture into two bowls. Top (I mean decorate) with chopped fresh fruit, granola (French Vanilla is my favorite), and shredded coconut. Get your cameras ready.
Notes & Tips
- If you’re fighting with your blender. If the texture is too watery, add a bit more frozen fruit. If the texture is too thick, add a bit more coconut water. Make sure to do this in small amounts until you’ve reached pitaya perfection.
- Listen to your taste buds—When they’re calling for you. Swap ingredients based on your preference! No coconut water? Try coconut milk, almond milk, or soy milk. No granola? Try your favorite cereal. No shredded coconut? Try nuts, chia seeds, flax seeds, or hemp seeds. No pitaya powder? Try acai or goji powder.